Thursday, November 22, 2007

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For

There are a lot of things to be thankful. More could be mentioned, but here are my top ten.

10. Pumpkin Pie--Hey, I have to start somewhere. I'm not sure if it's my favorite pie, but I'm gonna eat a piece later.

9. Coffee--I have come to appreciate the finer things in life. It gets me going in the morning. I like Community and Eight O'Clock Coffee from the store and the coffee of my friends at Panther City Coffee in Fort Worth.

8. Being a Graduate of Williams Baptist College--I thought I'd give them a little love. Williams is in Northeast Arkansas and may be Arkansas' "Best Kept Secret" for small private colleges.

7. Autumn--It usually means that the hot Texas summers are almost over. Cooler weather has arrived. It was 37 degrees this morning, in Fort Worth! It also means that the holidays are near.

6. Thanksgiving Day Off--I am thankful for the day off on Thanksgiving. I don't know how much longer that will last. I know other people have to work on Thanksgiving.

5. Football on Thanksgiving--This is a sports blog, right? Even if it is the NFL, it's still football on Thanksgiving. And, the Cowboys put on quite a show at halftime. This year is Burleson's (TX) own Kelly Clarkson.

4. Living in the Greatest Country in the World--This is the country where every year the President pardons a turkey the week of Thanksgiving. That's great stuff.

3. College Football--I think it helps me relax on Saturday night after work. The passion, the pageantry, and the atmosphere (I couldn't come up with another P word) is unparalleled.

2. Family--What do you do without family? If I spent Thanksgiving with my mom and dad and brother in Conway, AR, we would eat at my brother's house and then go to my dad's to watch the football games on his big, Hi Def TV. That's cool. But even better, I get to spend Thanksgiving with my Wife.

1. Faith--My faith has been a little shaky for the past few years, but I hang in there. I might get angry at God, but He is my only hope. Faith in Jesus makes thanks giving more possible. I hope you have hope through Jesus, and I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks
Badger
Panther City Coffee.

November 22, 2007 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger the toddler said...

You got it Badger. I send people to Panther City whenever I can. If anyone is ever in Fort Worth, find your way to Panther City Coffee near TCU.

November 22, 2007 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home